Millions of tourists come each year to sunbath and swim in the waters of Barcelona. Barcelona's coastline is over 100 km between Barcelonés area and metropolitan area of Barcelona, and have some of the best beaches in Catalonia. If you like to relax with the sound of ocean waves, walk along the shore and swim in salt water, here we show you which are the best beaches in Barcelona.
- La Barceloneta. It is the oldest beach in Barcelona and is considered one of the best in Catalonia. The Barceloneta beach is located in the central part of the coast and is well connected. It can be accessed by public transport or by car, bike or motorcycle, and offers the best sports and leisure facilities for you to practice your favorite sports.
- Playa de Somorrostro. Right next to Bareloneta beach there is another of the best beaches of Barcelona, Somorrostro. This beach belonged to the Barceloneta beach but in tribute to Somorrostro shantytown that was destroyed in 1966, it was decided to make a division of the territory and rename this stretch of beach.
- Playa de Sant Miquel. Located between the beaches of Barceloneta and Sant Sebastia, the beach of Sant Miquel is one of the busiest off the coast of Barcelona. It has excellent facilities and its central location allows it to be easily accessible.
- Playa Sant Sebastià. Along with Barceloneta, San Sebastian beach is one of the oldest in the city. With a length of 1100 meters, is one of the largest beaches in Barcelona and which receives more tourists annually. It offers services for all types of people, including disabled toilets, showers, etc., that makes it one of the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Playa Mar Bella. Mar Bella beach is one of the most famous in Barcelona and it is considered one of the best nudist beaches in Spain. Its fine golden sand, calm waters, excellent services and central location make it one of the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Playa Bogatell. If you are looking for a bit of quiet, this beach is ideal as it is not so crowded by tourists. It is visited by older people. Its beauty and peace makes it one of the best beaches in Barcelona.
Visit the best beaches in Barcelona and enjoy its calm waters!