Between the center and the metropolitan area, Barcelona has a lot of shopping centers where you will find products of all kinds. And besides being known for its cultural diversity, rich history and iconic buildings and monuments, Barcelona is part of so-called fashion cities . So, if you have decided to visit Barcelona you can not miss the opportunity to renew your wardrobe by purchasing the best items in the market. Just so you know where to start, we show you the most important shopping centers, known for its size and variety of products:
- El Corte Inglés. Undoubtedly Corte Ingles is the largest department store chain, not only in Barcelona but throughout Spain. Here you can find all kinds of products related to fashion, food, home and toys, among others.
- L’illa Diagonal.Located on Diagonal Avenue in Barcelona, L'illa is notable for its size and its more than 170 stores and restaurants. The vangurad building occupies 4000m2 surface. It was opened in 1993 and since then has continued to receive all kinds of customers.
- Las Arenas. This shopping center opened in 2011 in the old Barcelona bullring. Here we have both shops of all kinds of products such as restaurants and movie theaters. Although it is a complete shopping center in terms of services, the highlight of Las Arenas is the panoramic view offered of the city from the terrace. Take the opportunity to take the glass elevator and see the city from above, it will be an unforgettable experience.
- Diagonal Mar. The advantage of this shopping center to the rest is that it has the privilege of being located next to one of the largest parks of Barcelona, Parc Diagonal Mar. It is also located near the sea, so you can be near nature and enjoy the tranquility of the beach outside the center.
- Maremagnum. This mall is a landmark of the city. Located at the end of Las Ramblas, offers the possibility to visit the Monument to Columbus and the Olympic Port, among other attractions. To access it you have to cross the wooden bridge that crosses the sea. Here you will find all kinds of shops and catering where you can enjoy a nice meal.
- Otros shopping centers. Besides those mentioned above, there are also other shopping malls like Gran Via 2, La Maquinista, The Boulevard Rosa, Pedralbes Centre, Triangle or Glories.