The city of Barcelona has seduced millions of tourists with its spectacular architecture, wide streets steeped in history, and its beautiful Mediterranean landscape that leaves gaping anyone who contemplates. Although there are many elements that make this beautiful city, the main factor that has given Barcelona his fame and recognition is undoubtedly its monuments. The city collects countless works of the three great art trends, Romanesque, Gothic and especially Modernist. Here you find a list of the most important monuments in Barcelona you can not miss if you decide to visit Barcelona. Discover them!
- La Sagrada Familia. La Sagrada Familia is the symbol par excellence of Barcelona. The masterpiece of the modernist artist, Antoni Gaudí, has become the most important monument of the city. Be captivated by the creativity of the author, go into the nature Gaudí reflected inside the temple and contemplates its majestic facades.
- La Catedral de Barcelona. The Cathedral of Santa Eulalia, popularly known as La Catedral de Barcelona is the largest Gothic building in Barcelona. Delve into the cathedral and you'll be totally in love with each and every one of its elements. We recommend you to contemplate the organ located in the upper gallery, above the portal of San Ivo and below the bell tower, which is a magnificent piece of history you can not miss.
- Arc de Triomf de Barcelona. The work of the architect Josep Vilaseca i Casanovas was built in 1888, for the Universal Exhibition, and became one of the great icons of Barcelona. The monument of classic proportions, has an impressive ornamental sculpture symbolizing respect for the city of Barcelona to the other provinces and nations who participated in the Exhibition.
- La Pedrera y la Casa Batlló. After La Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera or Casa Mila, and Casa Batlló are the most relevant works of Gaudí. That is why these buildings are considered two of the most important monuments in Barcelona. Their colors, windows, billowing forms, its peculiar cornices and balconies, among many other items, will thrill and delight you.
- El Palau de la Música Catalana. Created by the architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner is undoubtedly one of the most important modernist monuments of Barcelona. One of the most famous concert rooms, was declared in 1997 World Heritage by UNESCO. Its most distinctive feature is its stained glass facade decorated with mosaics. We encourage you to discover this monument in Barcelona.
Visit the most important sights of Barcelona and discover the history that surrounds them!