Barcelona, multicultural and cosmopolitan city, has many theaters where all kinds of shows are represented. If you're a lover of the performing arts you can not miss the opportunity to visit one of the most important theaters in the city and enjoy its works. Would you like to discover them? Here you have a list of the most important for you to consult the available works and organize other activities in Barcelona.
- Gran Teatre del Liceu. Better known as the Liceu, it is considered one of the most important theaters in the world and, therefore, represents the most prestigious in Barcelona. Founded in 1847 and located in La Rambla, Liceu has been for centuries a symbol and a meeting point for the nobility, Catalan bourgeoisie and, in general, the wealthier classes. Here are shown the works of most famous and celebrated opera, sung by the best singers.
«Liceu» de Photo by user Viajero - Este archivo no tiene información sobre su origen.Por favor edita su descripción e añade una fuente.. Disponible bajo la licencia Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 vía Wikimedia Commons
- Teatre Coliseum. The Coliseum of Barcelona is located on the busy Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes and was opened in 1923. Here are shown all kinds of plays, musicals, monologues and other entertainment, one for each type of audience. It is one of the most important theaters in Barcelona for its wide range of theatrical offerings and majestic rooms.
Coliseum (Font: http://es.teatrebarcelona.com/teatre-coliseum/media/)
- Teatre Principal. The Teatre Principal of Barcelona is one of the oldest in Spain and the longest lived of the city. The construction of the theater, then called Theatre Santa Cruz, finished in 1603 but due to the damage caused by the passage of time, have had a series of renovations to the building until we know today. In their scenarios both plays and musical concerts are represented.
- Club Capitol. Located on the Rambla in Barcelona, the Capitol Club was opened in 1926 as a movie theater and refurbished in 1989 to become the theater we know today. It consists of two rooms and has both plays and musicals including monologues.
Club Capitol (Font: http://es.teatrebarcelona.com/club-capitol/media/41)
- Teatre Nacional de Catalunya. Created by the Department of Culture of the Generalitat de Catalunya, the Catalan National Theatre, better known as TNC, was built in 1991 and is known for the spectacular beauty of the building and its gardens, whose visit is free. It consists of three rooms and offer all kinds of shows.
«Teatre Nacional de Catalunya, Bofill» de Canaan - Trabajo propio. Disponible bajo la licencia Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 vía Wikimedia Commons -[/caption]
- Other theaters. In addition to the aforementioned theater halls, Barcelona has multiple buildings suited to the performing arts and of great importance. One of the importants is El Molino, where the works of more uninhibited cabaret are represented and boundaries of the forbidden disappear. Also you can visit the Teatre Lliure, Roman Theatre, Teatre Tívoli and Poliorama.
Foto Portada: «Liceu - Interior» de Josep Renalias - Trabajo propio. Disponible bajo la licencia Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 vía Wikimedia Commons